Benefits of Membership
The Mission of the BBC is to Build, Improve, and Support a Vital Downtown that Benefits our Entire Community.
Everyone Benefits from a Healthy Downtown
- The General Public benefits when it can take pride in the heart of its community.
- Building Owners benefit when property values are protected through a healthy downtown economy.
- Business Owners and Financial Institutions benefit when their investments are protected through a healthy downtown.
- Realtors benefit by the demand for residential and commercial properties created by a healthy downtown.
- Corporate and Industrial Sectors benefit when a healthy downtown contributes to the quality of life of employees.
Membership makes you an active partner in downtown's success, and enables the BBC to:
- Sponsor special events including Mayfest, Midnight Madness, One Hundred for $100, the Holiday Lighting Project, First Firdays, Fallapalooza!, and Car Show Cruise-In.
- Maintain a current listing of downtown businesses, area attractions and current events on the Putnam Square Kiosk.
- Maintain a downtown web site.
- Provide promotion assistance for downtown business openings, expansions & relocations.
- Advocate for downtown's best interests on a broad range of community and state issues.
- Develop, maintain & distribute downtown business recruitment materials.
- Produce a monthly informational program on CAT-TV "Spotlight on Bennington".
Public and Private funds are being invested in the Downtown, and Downtown is changing for the better...
- Downtown has a net gain in 25 businesses in 3 years.
- Seven existing businesses have expanded.
- Buildings are being renovated.
- Public spaces are being improved.
- The streetscape is more attrative and functional.
- Pedestrian access is improving.
- Downtown events are bringing people, interest and money to downtown.
Click Here To Join BBC as an individual or business member